Search This Blog

Thursday 5 January 2012

First Post (not the trumpety/bugle-ly thing

I've never 'blogged' before so this may be utter drivel/nonsense/dull or several other things but I will keep it short - which is very hard for me to do, as I am prone to blethering/wittering/rambling etc.

Having read an excellent blog about the history of Guisborough, I have been inspired (oh I do hope so), to lose my blogging virginity and have a go at putting some of the genealogy, history and other bits and pieces 'out there', in what I think may be called the 'blogosphere' - ok, need to go easy on the 's.

I will now add a few of the names and places I hope to post about, in the hope of something striking a chord with others (aha - no 's that time, may have beaten that tendency for now).. this may also serve the purpose of being an aide memoire - could not resist the italics but no idea if I've spelt that right and the accent will have to be added by any reader/s.. my memory is lamentable, so I may well need the help of the list:

Names (a partial list)
BANKS, BEST, BRIGDEN, CLIFFORD, COMBER/COOMBER, EVANS, FREEMAN, HAVELOCK, HEMSLEY, HOOPER, ILLMAN, LEACH, McDIARMID, MATHIAS, MAYES, MORGAN, PICKNELL, RIDLEY, STAPLES, SHIPLEY, WOOLGAR

PLACES (another partial list)
Bradford-on-Avon, Berkshire, Brighton, Bury St Edmunds, Cardiff, Cardiganshire, Cuckfield, Darlington, Dorset, Durham, Elgin, Guernsey, Hampshire, Horsted Keynes, Hove, Glamorgan, Guiseborough, Laughton, Lewes, Little Horsted, Norfolk, Pembrokeshire, Portslade, Ringmer, Scotland, Southampton, Suffolk, Sussex, Yorkshire, Wales, West Hoathly, Wiltshire

That's all folks, as it's late here - not yet silly O'clock but time for my little pill of sleepiness - very bad grammar and punctuation is all over the place but I'm too, something or other, to worry about it.

One last thing - almost completely random - thanks to the wonderful Stephen Fry and Planet Word, I am going to get a P G Wodehouse, (so pleased I spelt that correctly but I did have to check), from the library, not quite ready for Joyce yet though - completely agree re Shakespeare and King. In case anyone is thinking this isn't short at all - if I continue to post, it will become apparent that this is quite short, for me. Apols for any errors.

No comments:

Post a Comment